Thursday, February 7, 2013

January 25, 2013

For Landon's Birthday on January 18th, his mom had sent him a pumpkin pie via MTC Delivery.  Landon isn't a huge cake fan, so she knew this would be fun.  His sister, Shanna, had made oatmeal cookies to include, along with his favorite candies, LICORICE being at the top.

Landon was the last group of English speaking missionaries to spend three weeks in the MTC.  From now on it will only be two.  He wrote a brief note to let us know that his first P-day was not until a week from Friday which was January 25th.

Highlights from his first letter to Aysia. He can't stop talking about how much he loves the MTC. "First day was surprisingly good. It all felt right. It's a feeling that is kind of weird. You would think you'd be super sad, but you're kept busy." "My testimony has grown so much, when you get here you won't know much, but when you leave you'll know a ton and the lord will have you prepared. Honestly, the windows of heaven have been opened. I've received so much personal revelation and it is just amazing."

Highlights from first email:  
MTC is now at full capacity at about 3000 missionaries - June there will be about 7-8000. 
MTC is a lot of study and a lot of class, but it is really neat. I feel like I've learned a ton, but on the other hand I'm surprised at how ahead i was from all of my mission prep classes and personal study.
My companion is cool, he was really depressed the first three days but he got cool.  I ended up telling him that his mission was going to be hell if he kept acting that way. He was mad at me for like an hour but ever since he's been way cool. he played football for Lehi high school. 
All the missionaries at first were like, "has it hit you yet?" personally i think that is the dumbest question i have ever heard in my life.  Of course it has hit me.  I knew what i was signing up for. 
I'm a district leader. The only down side is dealing with the depressed people, but I'm staying patient (except with my comp) but like i said we're cool now. 
it's terrible to say, but i really don't miss you guys. i really don't mind it here and i know it's where I'm supposed to be.  Well, i don't really know what else to say. I'm the best looking, most athletic biggest stud here at the MTC, but that's not a surprise. ;)
 District study group.  Landon is District Leader so he's taking the picture.
Temple Day


No comments:

Post a Comment